I Found a USB Stick

What I discovered when I found a USB Stick.

I found a USB Stick. One challenge when one moves around (house sitting and different semi-permanent addresses) is that things get lost or mislaid.  I am often hunting for something.  

A few days ago I found one - and was most surprised to find out what was on it.   Clearly, I had only used it once - and I have yet to check if I took the photos, or if I took some and someone else took the photos, as I am in some of them.

The photos were taken in 2010 - when I was on my third secondment to the university in Shaoxing, China.  The photos were all taken on March 8th.  How do I know?  Well, the details on the photo would tell me, but so far I haven't looked.

Foreign Teachers - I'm in the middle of the back line
It was International Women's Day - which is very well celebrated in China, and we were at a major hotel in the city.  There were speeches, entertainment and food.  It was the second IWD event I had been to - the first one was in 2008.

At both IWD events that I attended, I had been on stage, although this one was the only one that was "programmed".  Jo and I did know what we were going to be doing.




It was very funny.  Neither of us are "performers" but we managed to do it to loud applause.  So polite are the Chinese!

Choir Performance

Entertainers

Anyway I have loaded all the photos onto Dropbox, and will put the USB to good use now.

Comments