Writing - Plenty to Do

Two weeks ago, I was a speaker at a function for women in small business in the Bayside.  I was asked to speak about some of my adventures.  I have been fortunate in that I have travelled and worked overseas, and have experienced some really funny times.  Especially in China and South Korea.  Afterwards, someone said I should write a book about my experiences.

When I returned to Bribie Island, where I am house sitting, I started to make notes and before long, I had started writing.  I am amazed that in less than two weeks I have written nearly 17,000 words.  I am not sure how many I will aim for, but the way things are headed I should have about 60,000 within a couple of months.

Clearly, it is just a first run, and I will have a lot of editing to do.

In November, I am planning to participate in NaNoWriMo.  It is a massive task but I have a story in my head that I want to write, so I am going to do my best to finish 50,000 words in November.   I was going to title it "The Unknown Sister", but there is a popular book already with this title.  I changed it to "The Foreign Sister".  I will do my best to complete it this year.



I wonder if any of my writing friends will participate in NaNoWriMo this year?  If you are, let me know.






Comments