Thirteen Lights and How Many Pelicans

How Many Pelicans Today?

The bridge from the mainland to Bribie Island is over 50 years old - and nothing much has changed in that time!  It has thirteen lights on the bridge, and during the day they are nesting spots for pelicans.

The light - no pelican

No Pelicans this end today

Today there were a couple, but not at the end where I took the photo.  When I have grandchildren with me, it is a game to count the pelicans.  And I find myself doing it when I am on my own too.

Normally they sit quietly on the light - as if just casting their eyes over their territory.  But sometimes, their bowels move and a spray of bird poo lands on a passing car.  It is not a big problem - unless you are the one with the messy duco.

Sometimes there are two pelicans on the light.  

There are always pelicans on the waterfront if you want to get a good look at them.  They are usually at the boat ramp or near the fish and chip shop - always hoping to get a feed.



They are lovely looking birds.

Comments