Where has the Year Gone?

Where has the year gone? Ok, we are only in the middle of the second month of the year, but it is going so fast, I am somewhat overwhelmed!!  

It has been busy.  I have been working hard on too many projects, from writing for Weekend Notes, and the local community group as well as my other writing.  Ok, I know I have to slow down.  But, no, it doesn't seem to work for me.  I am now working on another program of housing for Senior Solo Women.

I do get to escape sometimes as I get to go to places to write stories about them.

Who wouldn't like to visit places like this?   Machu Picchu at Maroochydore is a great place and I look forward to going back there next month.  I get to jump in my car and go to places.  So many times I go to visit one place, but on the way there or home, or around the place that I went to write about, I find something else.  To me it is fun.  It is "work" but I get to use my camera (Olympus EM10), and get to meet great people and when I get home, I put together one or more of the articles I have researched.

One article I wrote was about a Market at Bundamba/Ipswich, and I have pencilled in to visit it on Sunday next. I'd like to go as I love handmade items, but there is a steam train that operates there.  I love trains - so I will probably get up early and head that way, but not before I have booked my train ticket on line.  It is a journey of just over 1 hour - that is if the traffic is ok, and it should be on a Sunday.

Yesterday I was at Boggo Road Gaol, researching an article for Weekend Notes.  


Inside the old gaol.  It is on three levels and the doors are the doors to cells.

One cell had old photos.  Note the women with their backs to the camera.  They did that for privacy.

So, I am busy and having fun. 

Comments