Retirement?

What is retirement?  Is that when you are supposed to do nothing and watch tv or visit friends all the time?  Not me - I am still "working" - as a volunteer for several groups.

My friend and I laughed about it today.  She and I did our nursing training together in the 1960's and she now lives on the west coast of Australia and I live on the east coast.  We meet up occasionally and regularly talk on Skype.

We are both involved in community organisations in our local areas and neither of us have time to do nothing.

South Australia is where we were born - she in the south east of the country and me in Adelaide.  We were both in Adelaide recently and spent a day together - visiting a few places including Port Adelaide, where we visited the City of Adelaide - a clipper that brought a lot of migrants to South Australia in the early history of the city.




We are catching up again soon, as she is headed to the USA for several weeks and will visit me on her return.  We will have five days together.  

We often laugh about what we do.  Both of us drive long distances!!  She recently drove from her home town, just south of Geraldton, WA to Adelaide - a journey of some 3000 kms.



I recently drove from Brisbane to Hobart (yes, ferry across Bass Strait) then on to Adelaide from Melbourne, and then back home to Brisbane.  About 8000 kms!!!  



Comments