Trying the Olympus Camera

I am a great fan of Canon Cameras, but I find them very heavy and cumbersome, especially when travelling and as I am considering (procrastinating really) a trip to China, where I will be there in winter, perhaps with snow, I am planning to take more photos.  I love China and the scenery and as I will be staying in the city of Hangzhou, which I know a little - near the famous West Lake, I am hoping to take a lot of photos.  Hence, I am looking at a lighter camera - an Olympus OM -10.

It comes highly recommended and is certainly smaller and lighter. Oh, I will have to learn how to use it.  I have found on Youtube a great video - with some awesome information.  We are so lucky that we can watch such programs for free to learn more about our cameras.





It does fit into my handbag - making it look a bit bulky but it is doable, but for the most part I will be using my backpack.

Still, my biggest worry is the cold.  I hate the cold.  

This is from Travel China Guide.

“Hangzhou enters its early winter in December, with the average temperature of 7oC (45oF).  Actually it is not the best time for travel because the weather is cold exacerbated by high humidity.  There is no central heating in Hangzhou, unlike cities in northern China.  However, December has the least rain so it’s more likely you will find plentiful sunshine during your visit.

Moreover, it is worth mentioning that if you don’t mind the cold weather, December is a good time to take advantage of cut-price promotions on tour arrangement including accommodation and tickets.

I have had messages from former students hoping to visit me when I am in China.  It will be a busy week.



A Village in Shaoxing

Waiting for the bus!

Comments