New Passport

My passport expired two months ago, so as I am pondering a visit to China in a few months I had to get a new one.  Luckily I only have to renew my passport, so it was less of a hassle.  It is just a matter of having your old passport with you, as you need to key in some of the information and the number of your passport into the form online, and when all done, print it out, and head off to a post office that is registered for assisting with passports.

I was lucky that when I arrived there was no one else in the PO, so didn't have to waste time and it was done very quickly.  Phone - done.  Payment - done.  I have copies of my photo and of course my receipt, so in the next few weeks I should hear that I have to collect it at my local post office.

My old one was of course issued 10 years ago - and I can go through the pages and (with some difficulty) I can read the dates and places that I travelled.

In 2005 I went to Ireland - via New Zealand, US (LAX) and London, and the same route on the return journey.  The stamps are randomly in the pages.

In 2008 I went to China for the first time, but we "paused" in Singapore - stamped, and then to Shanghai.  Stamps.  Visas.

Each trip is stamped by the various Customs - and if it is still legible one can "track" one's journeys.  China 2008, 2010, and 2014, South Korea 2009, Indonesia (Bali) in 2012 and one special one, the Principality of Hutt River in Western Australia on April 1st, 2013!!



Interesting personal history.

I look forward to the arrival of the new passport, so that I can apply for a Visa to visit China again.



Comments