Memories of QEII in 1982!

Last week (Thursday September 4th, '14) I had the honour of taking my eldest grand daughter to an athletics competition at the QEII Stadium at Nathan, a suburb of Brisbane.  I had previously been to the venue - but had always watched my grandchildren compete on an outer stadium, not THE main stadium, until last week.

As it turned out Miss A set off at a faster pace than I to go to the area where she had to register etc, and I didn't know where to go, but after asking a few folk I found may way into the main arena.  Wow!

I sat up in the stand thinking about the events of the time when we sat high in the stands watching the rehearsal and knowing our young son was one of the kids in red, with a red placard that played a part in the flag creation.

It was the last and only other time I was there.


It certainly brought back some memories for me.

Miss A did very well - achieved a PB and made it into the next round of competition.

Comments

Unknown said…
Our QE11 stadium, home for the 1974 Commonwealth Games in Christchurch, was devastated by the earthquakes in Christchurch in 2010 and 2011. The Authorities have decided to rebuild the Olympic size swimming pool and stadium.