What? I missed the Edinburgh Military Tattoo?

I was shattered this morning to read on FB that some of my friends were watching the 2013 Edinburgh Military  Tattoo - I'd marked it off as a "must watch" in my TV Guide, but somehow missed it - went to bed, strangely thinking it would be tonight.  I found it on YouTube though, and have just watched it - at least the version on YouTube.

I have always loved watching marching and marching bands, and have a couple of CD's of band music which I enjoy.  It reminds me of the Thinking Day ceremonies at Adelaide's Government House where Girl Guides from all over the state came and marched to the band music into the grounds of Government House and where girls were awarded their Queen's Guide Awards.  I was one of those girls in 1960 and still treasure my certificate and badge.

The Edinburgh Military Tattoo has been going for 64 years - originally set up to bring hope and joy following World War II and is now a huge annual event in Edinburgh Castle each August.

The following is the 2013 Edinburgh Military Tattoo that I was just watching and enjoying thoroughly.


 

Comments