Christmas to New Year

It is always a strange and pleasant time of year - time to relax and reflect on the past year and make plans for the new year.

Today I was up early and visited the Caboolture Markets - while not all the stalls were in place I managed to get what I wanted.  My two new friends Minnie and Wally came home with me.  (I'll take photos and add info later.)

I was back home by 9 am - and happy to get into cooler clothing as it is a steamy hot day.  I have a few tasks to do today - but it is Sunday - a day of rest.  The cricket is on - so have television on Channel 9 - but seldom sit just looking at it.  In fact sometimes I turn the television to MUTE and listen to the ABC and listen to music and just check the screen for scores occasionally.

I did take time to do the survey for Coles.  I am a user of the Flybuys card - I figure I may as well get the discounts etc offered and when I picked up the invitation to "tell Coles" at the supermarket the other day, I figured I should do it.  I don't mind taking back some of the money I spend there.  I do shop at Woolworths too - and use their loyalty card too.  Why not?   I save money - I do get rewarded for using the card. 

With Coles you can do the survey every month - and not only earn $5 off a shop of $100 or more, or alternatively 1000 points on your Flybuys (which is equal to $5 anyway), plus go in the draw for a $1000 gift card each month.  I've never won the latter, but the few dollars here and there is helpful.  Also I am happy to get 8c a litre off my petrol. 

I have done a little research today online, but it is not my focus.  I have some shortbreads to make, and a few other small tasks to do, but generally it is an easy day.



Weather permitting - I will go for a ride on my bike later today.  No rush.  No worries.

Comments