The Weather

I recall the many warnings from well meaning friends and acquaintances on hearing about my planned journey, about tacking the venture in summer.  It would be "too hot", or too this or that. As I hate the cold of the south of Australia during winter, for me, it was the best time to travel, but I did so with a little trepidation.

As it turns out, I really have been blessed with good weather.  So far. I am only half way around and I do wonder what will happen in the far north as the cyclone season has so far been very mild, and anything is possible over the next couple of months.

Sure the weather has been hot - up to 44 degrees on a couple of days, but driving in it is not a big issue though it has curbed some of my wanderings.  The car air conditioning in my Mitsubishi Lancer has worked a treat.

Rain?  In nearly three months it has rained on two days I think, and then so insignificant that it has not marred my travels at all.  In fact some days I longed for rain to wash the fine red outback dust from my Lancer!

Here in Dongara it has been hot on several days, but we curbed our outdoor activity and sometimes turned the air conditioner on.  This area of Western Australia does not get much rain.  I am told that in winter, with the rains the area is all green, unlike the dry dusty brown that makes up the landscape at the moment.

One thing that we have seen in the last week or so, is days of  "Sea Fog" - it is visible in the area early in the morning, and by mid morning has gone out to sea and disappeared.


Views in the street - sea fog


Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been surfing on-line more than three hours as of late, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
It is pretty value enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the net can be much
more helpful than ever before.

Feel free to surf to my blog; instant cash loans online