Ormiston

One of the many great benefits of house sitting is that you get to explore other areas.  I am at Birkdale which is only 10 kms from where I have lived for many years, but now I get to spend more time exploring the areas that are close to this area.


I was going to write something about  Ormiston House and its 150 Year Celebration Concert for Weekend Notes, and decided I needed a photo or two.  So, it was off to Ormiston. Unfortunately I could not get a good photo from the street.


Still, it afforded me an opportunity to look around a little, and not far from the historic house is a historic church, which was associated with the settlers.  It is a quaint little church surrounded by wonderful trees, and looks lovingly cared for.  Seems a great place for a wedding too!






Comments