'Tis 2010

I spent new year's eve at my own home. Didn't go anywhere. We had a glass of champagne, and went to bed early. MM was coughing and sneezing, so felt an early night would be good. I too was tired, so welcomed the early bed time, but I'd only been asleep for less then an hour and the local louts woke me up.

Again I dozed off, but another group of loud revellers with whistles woke me, so I hopped out of bed and turned on the television in time to see all but the first 60 seconds of the fireworks from Sydney. Amazing. Though would have been more spectacular to have been there!

Had a quiet day for the first day of the month, and went back to the house sit later in the day. The cat is fine - didn't even come to welcome me this time, as she probably wasn't hungry.

And I notice the fence is repaired. So I imagine they will have to come in the correct entrance to get a swim now. That's OK. Just didn't like the big opening in the fence - it would have been awful if a child had wandered in and drowned, and the legal dramas would have been exciting.

Today I'm off to Mt Tamborine - in the hinterland between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. I'm looking forward to it.

Comments