The Cat House

It is so peaceful here, though I can hear the drone of a lawnmower, and some sort of earth moving equipment nearby. I suspect the lawnmower will shut down soon as the sky is black with rainclouds and there is bound to be a heavy down pour.

In any case the noise is not interefering with my train of thoughts. Yes, I wrote thoughtS. So much going on in my head. I've put a CD on too, which I hope will help with the flow of thoughts as I get down to doing some serious work.

I am at the house sit, though I confess I have not stayed overnight yet. But I have been here early in the morning to check on the cat, and the fish. And I come back in the evening to "bed them down" and feed them at the end of the day. All three are alive and well as I type.

Here the peace and tranquility is more inspiring for me with my writing, but as usual I start with the not so high priority things. Like my blogs. And answering emails.

I still get regular emails from students and other foreign teachers back at Shaoxing, so I like to reply and keep in touch.

MM is still recovering from his double bypass, but he's OK on his own, and I'm only a short distance away and certainly contactable by phone.

Yesterday there was a big water dragon on the back lawn. I wanted to rush and get my camera, but I thought the movement would have sent him scurrying away. Maybe with the rain about I will see more green frogs. I can hear them croaking in the swamp at the back, but I like it when they come near the house.



Comments