I guess that it is not quite true. I've still got my October house sit, and as I am working locally I'm rejecting all offers that don't quite fit into my schedule. I do have one possibility, but suspect that the dates won't suit.
A friend has recommended me for a month or so at Mooloolah in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. 3 cows to look after. I laughed at this. Apparently I just have to keep an eye on them. No milking. Now that would be a challenge for me!!!
Time is flying by - but I'm keen to do a local house sit. Not sure about the Sunshine Coast hinterland - as well I don't know if I have work after August 3rd - so that will play a part in my decision making too.
I met up with someone over the weekend - and they expressed interest in me looking after their house - September 2008! On one of the islands too. Shall just have to wait and see about that one.