Macleay Island

I'd been told about the Bowls Club on Macleay Island - it supposedly has $5 lunches. There's a courtesy busy from the jetty to the Bowls Club - you need only phone to let them know to pick you up. So I did.

The ferry trip is only 5 minutes and cost me 70c each way. The bus was at the jetty and I had a commentary as we travelled to the Bowls Club. The Bowls Club has a wonderful location on the waterfront with views back to the mainland and Coochiemudlo Island.

Despite the signs everywhere that it was $5 for the lunch - it had gone up to $6 and there was a limited menu. I chose fish and chips. It came without salad - I guess one could have ordered salad. I didn't like the taste of the fish, but the chips were great. I put $5 in the poker machines and came out with none of my money. As usual.

The bus took me back to the shopping area and I had a look around. There's a post office, a marine shop, real estate agency and a restaurant called The Blue Parrot Cafe and Licenced Restaurant. I read the menu which was on the window and it sounds nice.

Next time I go to Macleay I'll try The Blue Parrot - it is only a few minutes walk from the ferry, in a lovely location.

Comments