Fresh Air

Saturday 23rd September

As usual we picked flowers today. Saturdays are usually picking days at our gerbera farm. We pick the flowers, sort them and cup them with the plastic cup to ensure safe delivery, and then they are bunched. All family members participate.

I had been up early and walked the poodle - we went for a long walk, and I still managed to get to the farm on time.

I really enjoy my own company, and I found that back at the house, I could open the french doors and let the fresh air in while I lay on the bed and read my book. I confess to dozing off a few times. What bliss.

I'm reading Kate Grenville's book "The Secret River" - whilst I like her style of writing - it is very descriptive, I am finding it a hard slog. It is short listed for the Man Booker Prize.

Hubby came and picked me up and we went to the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club for dinner - our usual a salad with fish and chips. The fish was delicious.

Saw one of my clients there - dining with his wife and friend.

Another early night. I just so enjoy the peace and tranquility of this place. The poodle has got used to me, and sleeps contently in his bed in the bedroom.

Comments