House-Sitting Again?

 Out of "Retirement"?

As 2024 approaches, there are two possibilities of house sitting again.  It has been quite a few years since I was an enthusiastic house sitter - with great gigs around the northern Brisbane areas - including Bribie Island and Wamuran.

When I moved back to Brisbane, it was no longer on my radar to do.  I had a few health issues, a stable home, and took time to rest up and do other things.

However, I did have a few short stints at my son's place - no pets, no children, just to stay and water plants really, on the Gold Coast.

Two Days and Nights?

It has yet to be confirmed but I may be taking care of my daughter and son-in-law's place for two or 3 days - not far from where I live.

There's a cat - which I like, but it is a moody creature and it can cuddle up to me, and without warning attack with bites and claws.  But it is the chickens.  they have a (sometimes) secure pen, but somehow foxes and snakes find a way in.  Recently a fox (or two) took two chickens - smallish, a few months old.

And when the family were seeking information on the missing chickens they came face to face with a large python!!  Now if this happens to me, I might pass out in the chicken pen and the snake might try to eat me!!

The snake was taken away by the local snake catcher, but what if it comes back.

On an Island

The Moreton Bay has a lot of islands, and I did house-sit on one quite a few years ago.  My son has moved to a nearby island, and may be going overseas later in 2024.  Does he want me to house-sit?  It has been discussed but not sure if it will be something I do.  I will be consulted nearer to the time.  Will I agree to do so?  Maybe.


There are a lot of birds on the islands - and probably one or more of these.  I will have my camera next time.


Comments