House Sitting on Bribie Island

My last house sit was on Bribie Island - in a house behind the shopping centre.  I don't think I have ever lived so close to shops.  I did have a bit of fun visiting the centre more often than I normally would have done.

After nearly three months there, I moved to another house, this time on Osprey Island.  Yes, an island on an island.  Unusual.  

The bridge to Bribie


Bribie Island is very popular for a day out or a holiday - it's a drive of an hour or so from Brisbane and there is so much to see and do.  To get to the island one has to drive over the bridge. I recall a time when there was a toll to go on the bridge - the little hut remains.

It is very relaxing on the island - a bit more of "holiday mode" most of the time.

There are many seniors living on Bribie, a great place to retire to.  

The current house overlooks a canal and I am enjoying watching the boats go back and forth along the canal.  At weekends there are more, but there'd be about 10 per day on other days, especially if the weather is good.

Reflections on the canal - view from the house
On a rather windy day I went on a boat further up the Pumicestone Passage, the waterway between Bribie and the mainland.  Great views, but I will try and go on a better day, some time in the future.

This good house sit will come to an end in two weeks time.  I will relocate to Beachmere.  Still with a water view.

Would you like to spend time on Bribie Island?




Comments