Moving to Beachmere

Where's Beachmere?

I can't remember how I found out about this tiny township, just north of Brisbane. I first went to Beachmere in 2012, when I was about to embark on my solo drive around Australia.  I was investigating where I might return - a friend and I came for a drive, and visited a couple of properties.  I recall at one the Real Estate guy was a former policeman, and when my friend told him I was going to do a solo trip he got angry.  "Remember Peter Falconio?" he said.  As it turns out I had a safe trip, and a few years later even stayed at Barrow Creek!

Anyway, in 2013, around June I moved into Beachmere, and have been answering the question ever since.  The little township between  the Caboolture River and Moreton Bay is a peaceful (usually) community.  I have spent much of the past five years here.

Now I am back house sitting - in a unit on the beachfront.   This is the view from the property.  The weather is not the best.  I have seen better views from this site - but this is today (October 18th)


Sausage Dogs - Dachshunds

Now, I really don't have any live animals to care for, but these two sausage dogs may just keep me busy here.  I love the breed - and had miniature longhaired dachshunds for over 20 years.  I miss them.   So these will be my companions for the time being.




I don't think they will get up to much mischief!



Comments