Time flies

I've been a busy traveller.  I flew to Adelaide on the 10th February to see my family.  Dad lives at South Brighton, my mother lives next door in a nursing home, and my sister lives at Oaklands Park.  I do try and visit every couple of months.  This time it was special because (a) I was between house sits and (b) my neice has just had her first baby, and (c) I had planned to drive to Mt Gambier, where I did my nursing training many long years ago.

And so it was that I saw baby Evan, and his parents, and of course a very proud grandmother.  It was great to see this new addition to the family, and he was a perfect little gentleman!


Afterwards we (my sister and I) went to dinner at the Rocks Restaurant, at the Oaks Hotel at Glenelg, with three cousins that I rarely see, and the son of one of them. 

The restaurant is on the beachfront, so we had a great view of the sunset.


On the MOnday (February 14th) Dad drove me to Hove to collect the rental car.  I had booked a small car for my drive to Mt Gambier, but the people who had hired it earlier and were supposed to bring it back by the 13th, did not do so, so I had to drive a Kia Carnival - rather a big car for one, but it was quite a pleasure to drive.  It is not the first time I have rented a car from Aussie Car Rentals at Hove, and apart from my disappointment at not getting the car I ordered, I am very happy with the service from this company.  The price for rental is much lower than other companies, and it is close to where may family live.

It was on Monday morning, around 10 am that I set off for Mt Gambier and the south-east of the state.


Comments