The Control Cat

 One Night House Sit

New Year's Eve and I had no plans to celebrate - so I was available to mind a cat while all family members were out and about.  Easy.  Well, it was.


I suppose anyone who owns a cat realises that they can't control the cat - life is all about the cat.

So when I wanted to do some work on my laptop, the cat made sure I could not do anything other than play with her.


"Come and play with me.  Pat me.  You are supposed to be looking after me. "  she pleads.


Play a board game?  Not a hope - Actually this was Bananagram.


I did get to sleep in the "guest" bed, and I shut the door for I know she would have pestered me all night.

And we did play and I'd pat her on my lap - but she warned me a couple of times to stop, but biting and scratching me.  She does this, but the wounds were minor.  

I am glad I don't do regular house sits - and I don't intent returning to what I did all those years ago.


Comments