A New Direction

What Next?

International Women's Day 2020 will be imprinted on my brain forever, I think, as I decided that this date is day one of a new beginning.

I completed the GAB training program just the day before, and now I have the onerous task of starting a new business where I will work with people to record stories of their life.  GAB, for those who don't know, is the acronym for Guided AutoBiography, created by Dr. James Birren, back in the 1970's.  While technically it is not about "autobiography", but more about life stories or memoir, the name continues as is, in respect of Dr. Birren, who passed away a few years ago.

There is quite a lot to do to set up the new business, and get some action so that I can start to earn money, but I am very clear in my mind of how it is going to work.



CoronaVirus

We are in unknown territory with the Coronavirus increasing its impact on all facets of life in Australia. Fortunately, I can run the GAB course online.  It is better Face to Face, but I did the course from Canada via Zoom, so I have no issue with doing my courses via Zoom.


Meanwhile, I will be setting up my Lesson Plans, PowerPoint Presentations and more.  Plus I will be connecting with organisations who may be interested in supporting a GAB program e.g. libraries, community groups etc.

I still have to find a business name.  Not sure what, at this point so will brainstorm with some friends.



Penzu Too

I have been using Penzu - rather spasmodically - to create a personal journal.  But I have found with GAB that I often am reminded about stories that I have not recorded elsewhere, so I have now a collection of memories.

Surprisingly, many things pop into my head - and I find it easy to write it in Penzu.  It may never see the light of day, but I know I can go and read the stories and may just use them in something.
 
If you wish to make contact with me re GAB, go to this website and send a note via the contact form.

Comments