Who Killed Cock Robin?

This is a song that will forever haunt me.  Many years ago when I was about ten years old I sang this on state at the Warradale Institute for a concert for my ballet school.

Why I was picked to sing I don't know - I doubt it was my good singing voice, so maybe it was my poor ballet skills.  I don't know, but our little troupe played out the song as I sang each part from the front of the stage.  The song has haunted me ever since. I never know whether to laugh or cry.  Is it why I have never been able to sing?

On the rare occsions I have heard the song on radio (I don't recall hearing anywhere else!) I mouth the words, just as I did this morning on the ABC (Classic Radio).  I laughed when I then found this version of the Wiggles - complete with junior dancers.  Oh, the memories.


Comments